Are you confused about how often your silk flower centerpieces need cleaning? No worries, read this blog to know the right time and tips!
If you wish to bring that touch of luxury centerpieces to your house, you should look no further than silk flower centerpieces. These simple yet elegant items can spruce up your house’s interior appeal and give it a royal touch. Also, you can mix silk flowers with real flowers to get a more royal look.
Well, one thing that might strike your mind might be the maintenance and cleaning of these centerpieces. It is legit because you cannot just place the decorative items in a spot and leave them there for the rest of your life.
You must clean these items regularly to maintain a squeaky and urban look. In this write-up, we will bring out all the information required to clean the silk flower centerpieces.
How Often Should Silk Flower Centerpieces Be Cleaned?
There are a plethora of aspects that can affect how often you must clean the silk flower centerpieces, such as:
- Where the centerpiece should be placed, it has to be cleaned more frequently if it is in an area with lots of traffic than if it is in a low-traffic location.
- The variety of artificial flowers. Opting for special care while cleaning some silk flowers might be necessary.
- How much grime and filth settles upon the focal point? The centerpiece should be cleaned regularly in a soiled or unclean area.
Your silk flower arrangements should be dusted and vacuumed at least every month. However, you might have to wipe them more often if you find that they are collecting dust or grime at an increased rate.
What Do You Need to Clean Silk Flower Centerpieces?
Silk flower centerpieces are unlike other household decorative items that you can clean with a scrub, detergent, or any cleaning solution. They are made from soft materials and must be handled carefully. Let us now check a handful of the items that you need to have for cleaning them:
- Soft Brush
- Mild Water and Soap Solution
- Clean Soft Cloth
- Optionally You Can Choose a Dryer for Drying it
Tips to Clean Silk Flower Centerpieces
Let us now peep at some tips for cleaning silk flower centerpieces.
- Put the flowers in a different vase. Cleaning the vase & the flowers will be less of a hassle.
- Use a gentle brush having soft bristles to remove dust from the flowers. Make sure you are inspecting every nook and cranny.
- Use a moist cloth or towel to wipe off the vase. Before putting new flowers in the vase, make sure it’s completely dry.
- The flowers may be cleaned on the spot with a mere solution of mild soap & water. Before putting the silk flowers back in the vase, give them a good rinsing and pat them dry.
- For example, flowers composed of organza or chiffon should be dusted with a feather duster rather than brushed.
- You might try using a stain-removing product made for silk on the flowers if they’re stained.
- It may be necessary to have the flowers cleaned by a professional if the dirtiness level is high.
Methods for Cleaning Centerpieces Made from Silk Flowers
Dusting silk flower arrangements with a soft bristle brush is the quickest and most effective cleaning method. The dust and grime settled on the blossoms will be washed away this way. You should pay careful attention to the crevices between the petals and the veins of the leaves.
– Spot Cleaning
The flowers may be cleaned on the spot with a solution of mild soap & water. Use a gentle cloth and do a spot test to make sure the cleaning solution will not harm the flowers. Ensure you are drying them well before putting them back in the vase.
It’s possible that you’ll require washing the flowers in a solution of water & mild soap if they’re grimy. Use a mild detergent and plenty of clean water to rinse the blossoms. Drying the flowers is important before placing them in a vase to avoid mold.
Things to Avoid When Cleaning Silk Flower Centerpieces
Silk flower centerpieces are delicate; cleaning them becomes difficult if you do not comprehend the right method. You would not want your precious decor item to get destroyed. So, here are some things to avoid while cleaning them:
- Don’t use anything abrasive or full of chemicals. The blossoms may be harmed.
- You should not use boiling water. The blossoms risk wilting or perhaps dissolving as a result.
- Keep the flowers out of the water for too long. This may lead to mildew growth on them.
Silk flower centerpieces are indeed one of the items that can spruce up the look of your house on many levels. Thus, if you seek to purchase the best silk flower centerpieces, visit our collection. We provide the best range of products that suit your needs and help you enhance your place’s vibe.
FEATURED IMAGE BY ISTOCK PHOTO